In July and August in the medieval village of Chalencon, and all year round at public or private events (on request), the chef cooks a variety of menus using principally products grown in his garden (organic farming).
In July and August, the country creperie "La Ronde des champs" is mainly located on the Place du Valla, in the heart of Chalencon medieval village (village labelled "Village de caractère"). Frédéric welcomes you outside: installed on the large shaded terrace, you can enjoy a panoramic view of the Eyrieux Valley and the Monts d'Ardèche (Mont Gerbier-de-Jonc, Mont Mézenc...)
All year round, the country creperie "La Ronde des champs" is available on request for public or private events (catering services, birthdays, family celebrations etc.: contact Frédéric for tailor-made proposals !)
The country creperie "La Ronde des champs" is an atypical and militant creperie: Frédéric offers creative and healthy cuisine at an affordable price, made from produce grown in his gardens (organic farming). The content of the dishes evolves naturally according to what the seasons and the gardens offer!
To please your taste buds, Frédéric offers :
- savoury pancakes (a unique recipe based on potatoes (70%) and buckwheat flour (30%));
- sweet pancakes (made from old varieties of wheat flour);
- desserts of the day (e.g. strawberry and rhubarb pana cotta, chocolate mousse with tarragon, floating island with verbena, etc.);
- homemade sorbets;
- homemade non-alcoholic drinks, flavoured with plants (for example: dill or mint-bergamot syrup, white grape juice, kefir, fresh mint infusion...)
Frédéric also offers on site :
- The country shop "La Ronde d'échamps" (open from Tuesday, 11 July, to Sunday, 27 August, 2023: on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday from 12 pm to 9.30 pm. In the shop, you will find various processed products from Frédéric's harvests (organic farming): chestnut-based products (cream, flour, etc.), red berry-based products (compotes, jellies, jams, etc.), vegetable-based products (coulis, sauces, etc.) and plant-based products (pestos, syrups, etc.)
- Free discovery of the agricultural terraces: a discovery document to be collected beforehand from the shop or the creperie.
Discover the history of the place (the agricultural terraces called "echamps", the dry stone construction...), the fauna and flora, as well as the gardens and Frédéric's agricultural work (work based on agroforestry, permaculture and respect for biodiversity).
Bring good shoes as the discovery trail follows old, sometimes narrow and steep paths. The walk is on your own responsibility.
- Guided tour of the agricultural terraces: by reservation only.
For a general visit (total duration: 1h30): minimum group of 4 people. Price: €5 per person (from 8 years old).
For a specialised thematic visit "crops, water management, agroforestry" (duration adjustable according to expectations): group of minimum 4 and maximum 15 people. Price: variable according to the duration of the visit and the number of participants.